Protester Burn Wendy's to the Ground After a Fatal Shooting in Atlanta

An Atlanta police officer was fired, and one put on administrative leave after a deadly shooting of a 27-year-old black male named Rayshard Brooks. The shooting also prompted Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields to declare her resignation on Saturday. The officers involved in the shooting were identified as Garrett Rolfe, the one that was fired, and Devin Brosnan being the one placed on administrative leave.

This all started on Friday when law enforcement got a call about a man sleeping in his car in a wendy's drive-thru. The officers tried to put Brooks into custody after he failed a field sobriety test. Brooks got into a struggle with police as they tried to handcuff him and acquired one of there tasers. Surveillance footage showed that Brooks turned and fired the Taser at an officer while running away. The officer then drew his handgun and fired at Brooks in response. The officer fired his weapon three times hitting Brook's.

Brooks was then taken to a nearby hospital, where he died following surgery.

Just as the riots and protest were calming down over the death of George Floyd this happened and they started right back up people protesting the death of Rayshard Brooks burned down the Wendy's where the incident took place and gathered around the burning building and chanted "Arrest the cops".

According to CNBC

An Atlanta police officer was fired following the fatal shooting of a black man and another officer was placed on administrative duty, the police department announced early Sunday.

The moves follows the Saturday resignation of Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields, who stepped down as the Friday night killing of Rayshard Brooks, 27, sparked a new wave of protests in Atlanta after turbulent demonstrations following the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police had simmered down.

The terminated officer was identified as Garrett Rolfe, who was hired in October 2013, and the officer placed on administrative duty is Devin Brosnan, who was hired in September 2018, according to a release from police spokesperson Sgt. John Chafee.

The police department also released body camera and dash camera footage from both officers.

More than 40 minutes elapses between the time Brosnan first knocks on Brooks’ car door while he’s in Wendy’s drive-thru and when gunshots ring out; Rolfe arrives on scene about 16 minutes in. The shooting is audible in footage from Rolfe’s dash camera and both officers’ body cameras, but wasn’t captured on any of the four recordings provided by police. Both body cameras fall off during the struggle that ensues when Rolfe moves to handcuff Brooks after speaking to him for about 20 minutes, although Brooks is briefly glimpsed being Tased before he’s shot.



Previous Man Gets Denied With A Middle Finger To a Refund Because Of THIS
Next Poll: Almost 80% of truckers vow to stop delivers to cities with defunded police departments