BREAKING: December Shooter Linked To Al Qaeda, Associated Terrorist Group Owns The Shooting

It has been recently discovered the man who opened fire in a classroom full of students at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola Florida is connected to al Qaeda. Before he even stepped foot on U.S. soil apparently he was planning and associating with him. This incident happened on December 6, 2019, killing 3 and injuring 8 before he was shot dead.

He is linked to a terrorist group affiliate in Yemen, known as AQAP at which they own what he did and knew what he was up to.

According to CBS News:

The FBI and Department of Justice said a Saudi gunman who killed three U.S. service members in an attack at a Navy air station in Florida last December had "significant ties" to al Qaeda, citing new evidence gleaned from iPhones the FBI was able to unlock after months of trying.

The gunman was identified as 21-year-old Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, a Saudi national who was training at Naval Air Station Pensacola. He opened fire inside a classroom on December 6, 2019, killing three and wounding eight others before being shot and killed.

At a press conference Monday, Attorney General William Barr said the FBI was able to gain access to Alshamrani's iPhones, which the gunman had tried to destroy during the attack.

"The FBI finally succeeded in unlocking Alshamrani's phones. The phones contain information previously unknown to us that definitively establishes Alshamrani's significant ties to al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula — not only before the attack, but before he even arrived in the United States," Barr said, referring to the terrorist group's affiliate in Yemen, known as AQAP. The group claimed responsibility for the attack in February.

Data on iPhones is encrypted, and they're designed so only the owner can unlock the device if it's protected with a passcode. Neither Barr nor Wray revealed details about how the FBI was ultimately able to gain access to the phones four months after the attack. Barr said the Justice Department and the president himself asked Apple for help in gaining access to the devices, but the company "would not help us unlock the phones."

"There's a lot we can't do at this point that we could have done, months ago," Wray added. Barr said the effort to access the phones "took over four months and large sums of taxpayer dollars to obtain evidence that should have been easily and quickly accessible when we obtained court orders."

Apple has stated that they did give the FBI a way to get into the encrypted phones but has denied ever letting it be easily done in the future. They want to make sure its customers feel safe and their phone not vulnerable to whoever.

However, in situations like this, it should be automatic in such a situation as this one.

It is absolutely heartbreaking for the families involved in this situation. One that sadly was uncontrollable.

 

2
Leave a Reply

avatar
2 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
2 Comment authors
CharlieSeattleShamu Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Shamu
Guest
Shamu

There should not be One Damned MOSLEM on U.S. soil! They HATE us and this Nation!

CharlieSeattle
Guest
CharlieSeattle

The Pentagon betrayed us by training muslims in the USA.

Our government betrayed us by allowing islam to be identified as a religion.
Our government betrayed us by allowing muslims in the USA.
Our government betrays America by not deporting all muslims, citizens or not!

Worst of all, TaaRump is dangerously naive and oblivious to the threat!